Sunday, February 10, 2008

Runnin' Runnin' Rehbein

This is my best Chariots of Fire impersonation! Actually, I'm running my leg in the 4th Annual Torres-Tramandai Crossing, which took place on Saturday Feb. 9. It's a race down the beach, literally - we run in teams of 8 people down the coast of Rio Grande do Sul, from Torres beach on the north border of the state to Tramandai on the central coast, a distance of appox. 85 kilometers. My part this year was to run 8k as the next-to-last leg. I covered the distance in 38 minutes, and I was very pleased with my time! I run tihs race every year with folks from Sports Medicine, the gym where I train my running technique. Although I am not training there at the moment, I still maintain contact and friendship with several people there. I am hoping that some of them will collaborate with me in a running project I'm putting together for the guys at the chacara, which I will elaborate on in a future post.
I love running as sport because it's so applicable to all aspects of life - setting goals, persevering in the face of obstacles, striving to the finish, and working together. Thanks to God for the gift of swift legs!

No comments: